Tuesday, May 17, 2011

35 Weeks

Madeline's cold is already on its way out, and she's back to her normal self.  Hiz-ahhh!

Almost...

I think she's got another tooth sprouting, so she was a tiny bit of a cranky pants this afternoon.  That's okay.    I'd be a bit cranky too if I were teething.

During one of Madeline's "lessons," her "teacher" commented that it was probably a good thing that she couldn't roll because she's forced to spend time on her belly even though she hates it.  Well, today I put her on her belly, and she promptly flipped onto her back.  So exciting!  This may end up making tummy-time more challenging from now on, but I don't really mind.    

Madeline has the meaning of "Mumma" and "Dada" down.  Whenever we say Dada, she looks directly to Eric.  The same for Mumma....except she looks at me, not Eric.  She can say both words too, but she hasn't quite figured that part out yet.  She'll say "Dada" all day long, but she won't say it in reference to Eric.

She also continues to be the most narcissistic baby in the universe.  She loves nothing more than to gaze at herself in the mirror all day.  She babbles at herself and smiles at herself and laughs at herself.  She even finds my sunglasses hilarious because she can see her reflection in the lenses.  I think her best friend is her reflection.

Not that I blame her....that baby in the mirror is the cutest baby in the universe after all.  




 

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing Maddie with her first musical instrument! A piano! Next stop - Carnegie Hall!

    ReplyDelete