Thursday, May 5, 2011

Will She Eat It??



Madeline's baby food supplies were starting to run low, so I spent a full day throwing a baby-food-making party for me, myself and I.


 I made so much food that I had to run to the store to get more ice cube trays.  P.S.  Not very many places sell ice cub trays.  It was an epic search.  It ended at Sur La Table where I was tempted to buy everything in sight.

New to Madeline's repertoire:  Mangos, Sweet Zucchini and Carrot, and Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Raisin.  Also new: peaches, sweet potatoes, fish, and yogurt.

The most adventurous new food she's tried is fish.  Eric and I were eating it for dinner, so I decided to blend some up for her.  I mixed it with some carrots and she ate it all up!  Yum, yum, yum.  In fact, she eats all of her food all up.  She doesn't seem to be too picky.  

I also gave her some yogurt for the first time last week.  Unfortunatley, she developed a nasty face rash on the days I gave her yogurt.  She gets the same face rash when she drinks regular formula instead of soy.  Not looking good for the dairy department, but I'll try again in the future to see if it really was the  yogurt of it was something else causing the rash.  

Future foods coming Madeline's way:  baby guacamole, cauliflower, chicken, and salmon.  

1 comment: