Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Late to the Party

Certainly not late to the cookie party last Saturday, and certainly not late to the potluck we had at work today. I'd never be late to a party where food is involved.

No, I am late to the Yo Gabba Gabba party!  Cause this show?... is pretty Yo Awesome Awesome!

I realize that I'm several years late to this phenomenon, but I've never had a child (or a drug abuse problem) up till now (the child, not the drugs) so I'd never watched it.  

On Monday, I was feeling sick and Eric was making dinner and Madeline was fussing.  Since I'm a bad parent, I turned to ye olde Netflix Kids to entertain my child for me.

Out of sheer desperation, I clicked on Yo Gabba Gabba, and found myself rolling around on the floor with laughter.  Madeline was mesmerized, but also confused.  Yet, she dutifully tried to jumpy-jump along with the show when they asked her to.

I assume Yo Gabba Gabba works on children's brains the same way crack works on adults' brains.  Then again, maybe it works on adults' brains in a similar fashion because I've been singing "Party in My Tummy" all week.  


1 comment: