Sunday, September 23, 2012

Remembering Ellis

Four years ago today, our daughter, Ellis Jane, was stillborn.  

We remembered her today by releasing three pink balloons into the sky.  Madeline did the honors this year.  She called, "Bye, bye, balloons!" and waved up at the clouds.  


We watched them float higher, and higher, and higher.  At one point the balloons disappeared behind a cloud, but a few minutes later a tiny speck caught my eye in the sunlight, and there they were again.  I tried to point the speck out to Eric, but he couldn't see it.  So I continued watching until my eyesight grew blurry from squinting, and they were gone.  






5 comments:

  1. This is a great remembrance idea. I've been thinking of you today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great remembrance idea. I've been thinking of you today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you. can't believe it's been four years.

    ReplyDelete

  4. SHE WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS.

    LOVE AUNT KATHY

    ReplyDelete
  5. With love always
    Love Nana and Pop

    ReplyDelete