Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Homemade Christmas Cards

I tried many, many times to get a cute Christmas picture of the girls together.  But this kept happening:

Such is life with babies...

So I thought a photo card might not happen this year.

Instead, with the help of Maddie's thumbs and some craft materials we already had around the house, we made our cards.  

We started by making two just for the grandparents, but they were so cute that we kept going.  

Maddie's thumbs were game, so she stamped away.  


After they dried, I drew some quick doodles to turn her prints into Santa and his reindeer.  I did not invent this idea.  I think I probably saw it on Pinterest cause that's where all good ideas are born.  

But I did come up with our other design:

Cause Yeti are awesome.  

Maddie colored in the trees!


I like how they're each a bit different.  They also took less than an hour to make.  Hoo-Ray!  

Then I tried for a picture one last time, and a miracle occurred:

They were staring at the television over my head.  Ellen I think...

I taped the pictures to the back of our cards and called it a day.  

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment