Tuesday, February 8, 2011

21 Weeks


Madeline is such a happy baby.  It's really amazing how content she is all the time.  Even with scary doctor's visits and boo-boos on her face, she's been smiling and giggling away all week.   I feel like she was blessed with Eric's laid back attitude and my goofball sense of humor thrown in for good measure.  It's a good mix.  

She got her stitches out today.  It took two doctors plus me and Eric to hold her down.  (How many people does it take to hold down a Maddie Bear?  I don't know, how many??)  She cried, but I think she was more annoyed than in pain.  Two minutes later she was laughing at us again.

Her ear still has a tiny cut on it, and there's some bunched up scar tissue we have to keep our eye on, but otherwise she's fine.

In other news, she now weighs 15 lbs.  Hizz-ahh!

Her eyes are definitely changing color.  Every time I look at her, they are different.  We're not sure if they're just changing to a new shade of blue, or if they are turning brown, or even green...but they are changing.  I'm still putting money on brown because there's a golden hue around the pupils now that wasn't there before.

I fed her mashed up bananas yesterday.  She LOVED them!  I laugh so hard when I feed her because she makes these little growling noises every time the spoon enters her mouth.  She just gets so excited by the food.  And, if I take too long getting a new spoon full, she starts crying.  The gal likes to eat!

We're having so much fun with her.  She's becoming such a little person...no more blob...a real-life person!

No comments:

Post a Comment