Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's in Your Diaper Bag???

This is our diaper bag.

It's the LeSportsac Ryan Bag in Zoo.  Madeline's Great Grandpa gave it to us, and we love it!

First off, it's adorable.  I love the little giraffes and elephants giving one another love.  Secondly, I like that's it's gender neutral so Eric doesn't feel too silly carrying it around.  It's roomy enough for all our stuff...and boy, do we have a lot of stuff.  It's easy to clean, which I've learned the hard way after many a bottle leak.  And, in spite of the hard living it endures, it still looks brand new eleven months later.

And this is what's in our diaper bag...

1.) Diaper Changing Supplies

  • The Changing Pad that came with the bag
  • Diaper Wipes Case so I don't have to lug around a huge vat of wipes
  • Diapers (for obvious reasons.)  
  • Diaper disposal bags in case we don't have a trash bin handy, or if I don't feel comfortable leaving a stinky diaper behind for other people to enjoy. 

2.) Toys (A.K.A. Keep-Madeline-distracted-so-we-can-eat-lunch supplies!)


  • Books keep Madeline engaged for the longest period of time because there's so many different     things she can do with them.  "Read" them, throw them, flip through the pages, kiss them, use them as hats...
  •  Rattles -There's a reason people make rattles for babies. She can chew em, bang em, wave em.  

3.) Protective Gear


  • Sunscreen - My child is a ginger baby.  Enough said.  
  • Bug Spray
  • Purell 

4.) Hat

  • My child is a ginger baby.  Enough said.  

5.) Snacks (A.K.A. Keep-Madeline-distracted-so-we-can-eat-lunch supplies!) 

  • At the moment we have Cheerios and Baby Mum-Mums in the bag.  As long as it's dry, not too messy, and easy for Madeline to feed herself it's good.  

6.) Pacifier 

  • Madeline usually only takes her pacifier when she's going down to sleep, but it helps if she gets fussy during long car rides as well. 

7.) Mumma's Gear

  • I usually keep my things in her bag because I very rarely go out without her these days.  I keep everything in a small clutch, or simple wallet, so that it fits easily in her bag, but I can still find all my stuff easily.   

Other common products found in our bag:

  •    Bibs
  •    Lunch box with bottles and food 
  •    Blanket
  •    Baby sweatshirt in case it gets cold  
  •    Change of baby clothes  
There's no such thing as traveling light when you have a baby!   


What's in YOUR diaper bag???




No comments:

Post a Comment