Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Concerts on the Common

Eric plays in a community band on the local town common several nights throughout the summer.

Sadly, the past two years the weather gods have gotten together and decided the nights of the concerts were the nights to rain because, more often than not, it got cancelled due to bad weather.

Last night, however, was perfect weather.  It wasn't hot, it wasn't rainy...it was just right.  So, I called up my parents and Amy and asked them to meet Madeline and I there to listen to some jazz.

We sat on some blankets on the grass, ate some brownies, drank some iced tea and just relaxed.  Madeline really likes seeing Eric's concerts.  She kept saying, "Dat's Dada up there!"  And when it was over she joined in the clapping and yelled, "Yay, Dada!"

She stayed up way past her bedtime, but she behaved well.  She spent her time either cuddling with Mimi or running laps around Amy and I.

I thought she'd fall asleep the moment we got in the car, but she didn't.  Instead, she spent the entire ride home telling me, "Da lights are off!  Nap time!"

And I'd reply, "Yes, it's dark out because it's night time.  It's time for night-nights."

And she's say, "Yeah!" as if she was comprehending what I was saying with awe.  Then she'd pause, think to herself and say again, "Da lights are off! Nap time!"

And I'd say, "Yes, you're right.  The lights are off.  The sun went away and the moon is coming out."

"Yeah!  The moon is out!"

And repeat all the way home, where she finally did fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment