Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday: Little People for a Little World




Eric and I both grew up playing with Fisher Price's Little People, so it's no surprise that we've brought the new generation into our home for Madeline.


The new Little People are almost as cute as the old ones, but less esophagus shaped, which is probably good because I know I used to try to rip the heads off those suckers with my teeth all the time when I was a kid.  Luckily, the little redhead girl survived my gnawing and now lives on my desk.


Madeline's collection has grown quite large over the past year thanks mostly in part to grandparents and things like Christmas and birthdays.  For example, our Little People family has not one, but two, Mummas.  (It's a lifestyle choice, don't judge.)  We also have grandparents, babies, several children, some farm animals, and a whole gaggle of princesses.  We even have the Baby Jesus.


The reason we like these toys so much is because they offer endless possibilities for imaginative play.  As Madeline gets older, the games she plays with her Little People become more complex.  She first spent her time her time lining them up neatly in rows.  (Madeline is a very orderly little baby.  She did not get that from me.)  Now that she's older, she takes her Little People through the daily routines of life.  They have snack time and nap time.  The babies take baths and the Mumma(s) read them stories.  The princesses try on hats, eat dinner and sleep under the covers.  While she's outgrown many of her baby toys, she'll be playing with these guys for years to come.


Of course, Mumma and Dada have some fun with them too.  We even staged our own Little People football game last year during the Super Bowl.  Nerds.  And when we go to the toy store, Eric and I always rush down the Little People aisle to see what new goodies are in stock.  Double nerds.



 Luckily, Madeline enjoys them almost as much as we do...


 I'm linking up with Toddler Along Tuesday over at Growing Up Geeky.  This week's topic is your favorite toddler toys.


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I had Little People when I was a kid too, I kind of miss the esophagus shape LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the esophagus shaped ones were much cuter! The new ones are a little two specific. One guy is carrying a cup of coffee and some sunglasses, but what if he wanted to play soccer instead, ya know?

      Delete