Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Conversations with Maddie Bear

Madeline:  I'm the Mumma!
Me:  Um, no.  I'm the Mumma.
Madeline:  No, I'm the Mumma, and Dada is the Dada.
Me:  Then who am I?
Madeline:  You're the grandma.

Me: (waking Madeline up in the morning.)  You're such a pretty girl.  Your nose is pretty, and your eyelashes are pretty, and your chin is pretty, and your mouth is pretty...
Madeline: (eyes still closed) And my BUM is pretty...(Evil Giggles)

(I come downstairs after getting dressed:)
Madeline:  Mumma, WHAT are you wearing?!
Me:  My clothes.  Is that okay?
Madeline:  It's just blue...
Me:  So.  What's wrong with blue?
Madeline:  I only like pink shirts.


Madeline: *gasp* You went peepee on the potty, Mumma? Oh! Such a big girl!
Me: Thanks.

Madeline: Tell me the truth, Mumma.
Me: The truth about what?
Madeline: The truth about how I was a baby in your belly.
Me: You mean the story of how you were born?
Madeline: Yeah that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment