Thursday, July 10, 2014

Vivi: Twenty-Eight and Twenty-Nine Weeks



I'm baa-aack!  We spent the past two weeks in Montauk. I've been far too busy slathering my fair-skinned brood with buckets of sunscreen to blog.  It's hard to type with such slippery hands.  

But while we've been gone, Vivi has been growing fast!  She seems suddenly enormous.  I put her in the jumperoo yesterday afternoon for the first time in two weeks and was shocked at how much she's grown in such a short time.
She no longer has to stretch her toes to touch the floor.  Her tummy fills the seat. 

And she's able to play so much better.  She can reach all the toys with ease.  She can manipulate them in her hands. And everything finds its way to her mouth. 

One of her favorite games is grabbing the sunglasses off our faces.  She wrinkles her nose mischievously at her reflection in the lenses, and she laughs joyfully at her own cleverness when she gets them off.  

She has started leaning forward on her hands while sitting up. (Tripoding?)  If there's something she wants within reach, she can bend and wiggle all the way over to reach it.  I think she'll be crawling before we know it.  

She likes sitting in her high chair to eat with us.  We give her a cup or a spoon or a paper plate to play with while we finish our meal.  I think it makes her feel like she's one of us if she has some kind of dinnerware in her grasp.  When we go out to eat, she likes to observe the people around us from her perch.  

Her skin cleared up about two days after arriving in Montauk.  The eczema is still slightly there on the backs of her knees and on her ankles, but her face is much better.  I'm hoping it continues to hold off.  

She had another bad poop attack over the Fourth.  This is the third one she's had in the past three months ever since starting solids. We have so many theories about what may be causing it, but no answers.  The first two poop attacks happened after she ate rice cereal. This time, she had eaten nothing but pears and prunes.  

I have started eating normally again except for dairy.  Still, there were a few times I was lax with the dairy while we were away, so that could be the culprit although I have my doubts.  Her poops weren't any better when I was avoiding everything.  

In a kinda reverse elimination diet,  I ate some cheese  two days ago to see if it causes any problems.  (And cause I needed pizza.). So far, no problems, but in the past, it's taken a week to filter through the system, so we'll just continue to wait.  

In other news, we've moved her into Madeline's room.  They shared a room without any major problems in Montauk.  So far, it's going okay at home.  Vivi is not too pleased with her crib, and she's not afraid to show it.  Sorry, kiddo.  You can't bunk with Mumma forever.  

Speaking of which, we're dealing with some separation anxiety.  If I'm in the same room, but not holding her, we get some epic baby whining.  She often cries when I leave the room, and Dada gets a major earful if he tries to put her to bed instead of me.  It's nice to be loved, but it's also a bit draining.  

P.S. Today's bunny picture was hard.  Gal did not want to sit still or smile.  I got a lot of stink eye.  Also, that shirt was mine as a baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment