Thursday, October 23, 2014

Random Thoughts

This has been one of those weeks where nothing is going right, and yet, nothing is going particularly wrong.  It's just blah....and busy... but I feel like I'm not getting anything done.  I did organize my underwear drawer.  If nothing else, I have that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't understand how bits of food end up in Vivi's diaper every day.  She wears a onesie layered under pants and a sweater most days.  How does that tiny slice of banana find its way through all those clothes?

I found a grain of rice in there after lunch.  We haven't even eaten rice recently.  Has she been hiding it in her belly button?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me: Maddie, did you read any books at school today?
M: We read "The Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything."
Me: Oh, what's that about?
M: It's about an old lady who wasn't afraid of anything....

Well, if you ask a stupid question, Mumma...

At least she was talking to me.  Usually when I ask how her day was, she says, "I don't want to talk," and we drive home in stony silence.  My little teenaged four year old.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This morning was pitch dark, rainy like the End of Days, and Vivi kept up us all night.  It took a Herculean effort (And two very awake children plus a nagging husband) to get me out of bed this morning.   Yes.  Coffee.  Yes.

I've mentioned before that our town does not allow drive-thrus.  This should be enough to stop me from visiting Dunks so often, but nothing comes between me and that pumpkin coffee.  Instead, I drive twenty minutes out of my way so that we don't have to get out of the car.

It was worth it.

>>>>>>>

Lastly, my kids are cute.








No comments:

Post a Comment