Saturday, January 31, 2015

Parenting Currently

I just read If You Give a Pig a Party for the fifth time today, and it's still hours till bedtime.  I don't know how many times I read it yesterday, but at least five, probably closer to ten.  I estimate that there have been at least forty readings of that particular book this week alone.

Vivi is obsessed.  She toddles over to me with the book in her hands and presses it into my face until I read it.  As soon as we're done, she flips right back to the beginning.  A half-an-hour or so later, the book is back, and Vivi is grunting to read it again.  

Round and round we go.  There should be a book called If You Read a Book to a Vivi.

I think we all know how the plot would go.

I'm very glad that Vivi loves books so much, but my enthusiasm for that pig's shenanigans is starting to wane.  Boy, does she love to party!  



No comments:

Post a Comment