Tuesday, December 14, 2010

13 Weeks


Madeline decided it would be fun to stay up till 3 AM last night. What the hell am I going to do when I start getting up at 5 for work again in just a few short weeks?  Sigh...We'll make it work.

Otherwise, Madeline is a happy little baby.

She's more of a little person instead of just a lump that cries and poops a lot.  She has likes and dislikes, a personality, she's becoming more interactive.  It's fun....except when she stays up till 3.

I still think she's quite serious for a baby.  She gives me a lot of, "What in God's name are you doing, Mumma?!" looks.  It makes me laugh to get the stink eye from a three-month-old baby.

That doesn't mean she doesn't smile though.  She still smiles a lot.  One flash of those toothless gums is enough to kill me.  

Eric gave her a loud raspberry on her tummy this week, and it scared the daylights out of her.  Her eyes opened wide and she let out a wail.  It was the first time we've ever seen her get scared by anything.  Luckily, Eric just hugged her to let her know she was okay, and she stopped crying.

Her newest mission is to grab her toes.  You can see the wheels in her brain turning as she concentrates on her little piggies.  Every once and a while, she manages to grab them, but mostly her arms are still flailing about with minds of their own.    She also has a little cloth, crinkly book that she's taken a sudden interest in.  She sat on my lap for an hour today while she tried to grab at it.

She still hates tummy time with a passion, but at least I know she can lift her head, she just chooses not to.  (See picture.)

I know Eric's going to be plumb tuckered out when he gets home from work today, so I'm really hoping that sleep is in the cards for tonight.

As for me, I'm trying to enjoy the last few days I have with my little girl to myself  instead of getting bogged down in the lack of sleep...but we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Maddie didn't go to sleep before 3 am, because she was waiting for Santa! She is so cute.
    Love Nana and Poppy

    ReplyDelete