Friday, December 31, 2010

Top Ten of 2010

I'm participating in the Top Ten of 2010.  Let it be known that I am not a photographer in any sense of the word.  I need to take fifty photos if I want one to turn out good.  So, even though these are not particularly good photographs, they are my favorites because of the subject matter.  (It was hard only choosing ten from the past three months.  I can't imagine if I had a whole year's worth of photos to choose from.)  

 Eric snapped this on his phone minutes after she was born.  I like how her eyes are open, and that you can see how calm she was.  As soon as she heard my voice she stopped crying and looked around the room.  He sent it to everyone in the waiting room so they could see what she looked like.
 This was Madeline's second day on earth.  Look how small her head was!!!  And her face was still all smooshy and scrunched up.  
Our first family photo!  I have a framed photograph of Eric and I looking at Ellis Jane sitting on my bedside table.  This one is very similar, but we're happy and healthy in this one...almost exactly two years later.  
   We still have that same pumpkin, but it looks much, much smaller next to Madeline these days.
 They gave me a framed copy of this photograph at my post-baby baby shower.  I love the mischievous smile on her face.  What is she dreaming about?  
 This was one of Madeline's first ever real smiles, and we captured it on film.  She puts her whole body into her smiles.  Her whole face just lights up.  
 This was taken on a Monday afternoon after Eric got home from work.  I escaped to take a shower, and when I came back into the living room, I found the two of them sleeping together on the couch.  I love the death grip he has on her so she wouldn't roll off him.  
Poor Maddie will be so embarrassed by this picture someday.  It looks like she tossed off her mittens and is making snow angels on the floor.   
 Madeline LOVES her baths.  She's such a happy little girl in this picture.  
This one cracks me up.  She looks like she's exhausted and stressed from opening all her presents on Christmas morning.  

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie!! I love the one of her smiling while she sleeps!! I love it that babies do that!! She adorable!!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete