Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18 Weeks

14 lbs, 6 oz, 25 inches long. As my stepdad, Bob, would say, Maddie's the size of a good Northern. (Meaning a fish.)

Madeline had her doctor's appointment yesterday. She's still a healthy, hearty little gal. She didn't even flinch for the first shot, but the second one did the trick. She cried for the rest of the day. Poor baby.

We got the okay to start on solids. I can't wait to try that out! Mmmm, baby cereal here we come.

Meanwhile, Madeline has continued to talk up a storm. Not only is she still screeching,but she's starting to play around with consonant sounds. Yesterday she whined, "mummmmmm, mum, mum, mum," and "bbbb," to us all day. I'm trying to gat her to say, "mumma," but I think that's still a long way off.

She's started slowly reaching for her toys, especially her rattle and Mr. Girraffe. I was starting to worry about her general lack of Interest In her toys, but the doctor said that about fifty percent of babies grab at this point and fifty don't.

We put her in her jumperroo this weekend, which was a lot of fun. Her feet don't touch the ground yet, but she loves to stare at all the toys. The thing has so many activites on it that it must be overwhelming to a little baby...like when I got to Sephora and don't know where to even start. I've had the damn barnyard song the thing plays stuck in my head all weekend. It's so cute though.

We need to start baby proofing soon too because Maddie's path of destruction has begun. She knocked eric's coffee over on my keyboard yesterday, which means I'm currently typing this on the I pad, which is a pain in the arse. Please forgive my typos. I also can't add pictures from here, which is annoying because I have some new cute ones that my parents took over the weekend. Oh well. At least she didn't spill anything on herself.

P.S. Eric and I have another snow day today! Hooray for another three-day work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment