Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Plague

I haven't been blogging recently because the plague had decided to take up residence in my lungs.

Remember when you were a kid and being sick was half-way awesome because it meant you got to stay home from school, your mom made you soup, and you got to watch all the television you wanted???

Well, being sick as an adult is nothing like that.

Sure, I got to stay home from school, my mom brought me some soup, and I watched several really terrible chick-flicks on Netflix Watch Instantly.... (And read Game of Thrones and half of Clash of Kings because there's no denying I'm a HUGE nerd.)....okay, so maybe it is still half-way awesome.

EXCEPT!  Except...I have a child now, and there's nothing worse than a sick baby.  And this one?  This one's a doozie.

So far, (may the Internet Gods strike me) Madeline has not shown any signs of catching my plague.  But I really miss freely cuddling her, showering her with kisses, and stealing half of her food directly from her fork.

Someday soon I will be well again, and I can smooch the Maddie Bear all I want.

Maybe I'll also feel up to blogging again....maybe.

3 comments:

  1. AHHH! I just finished Game of Thrones too!! Soo good! We must both be nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Mandy, that's so funny! I'm seriously addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon and that Madeline doesn't get sick too!

    ReplyDelete