Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Heart Will Go On...

I saw Titanic 3D with the BFF this weekend because obviously.

The last time I saw Titanic in theaters I was 16, a sophomore in high school, and I think I went back to the theater a total of seven time to see it.  I was. that. awesome.

Thoughts:

1.  I am as old as Christ, and how did that happen?  In my head, I think I was 16 five years ago, but really it was fifteen years ago.  This means my current students, who are freshmen and sophomores, were either tiny loafs of bread or not even born yet when this movie came out the first time.  Therefore, my initial reaction of, "They're releasing Titanic ALREADY?!?" was way off base.

2. The entire time I was watching the movie I was trying to figure out which one of the passengers was Patrick Crowley.  "Is that him?  Nah too old.  How bout that guy?!  Wow, Lady Mary, you really dodged a bullet with that one!"  Sigh.  And the world of Downton Abbey would never be the same....bum, bum, bummmm!

3. Jack and Rose are totally to blame for the whole thing because the lookout guys were too busy watching them make out to notice the gigantic iceberg right in front of them.

4. I want to punch Rose in the face when she jumps out of the lifeboat to be with Jack.  Sure, it's romantic yada, yada yada.  But!  Remember that dad who had to say goodbye to his wife and two daughters because there wasn't enough room on the lifeboat for him?  Well, I bet he really would have appreciated that seat, jackass.

5. You know it's true love because when Rose complains about being cold, any sane person would have replied, "How bout you get in this water and I'll sit on the dry piece of wood, and then you can complain to me about being cold, biach!"  Instead Jack kisses her hand and makes her promise that she'll live to have a full, meaningful life.

6. Even if my brain doesn't feel much older than 16, my tailbone sure does.  My backside never fully healed after thrusting Madeline headfirst into this world.  Three hours of sitting did a doosey on my tailbone.  Ouch.  

7.  I still know all the lyrics to My Heart Will Go On, which I don't even particularly care for.  Between Celine Dion and Disney songs taking up most of my brain space, I could have been a genius.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment