Saturday, April 7, 2012

Songs To Set Your Soul To: Week Four

I got a text message from a friend today asking about David Bowie's sexuality because apparently I'm a more reliable source than Wikipedia when it comes to such non-useful trivia.  Little did she know that I've gotten all my information on David Bowie's sexuality from Wikipedia.

Through my mid twenties, the only thing I really knew about David Bowie was that he was the creepy guy from Labyrinth and that he was married to Iman.  I also knew he sang Space Oddity, which is a great song for karaoke.

Then I saw The Life Aquatic, which features many David Bowie songs sung in Portuguese.  I downloaded Ziggy Stardust the same week, and the my love was sealed.

Moonage Daydream as a whole is kinda meh for me, but I'll listen to the first half on repeat ten times in a row because it's that good.  

"Don't fake it baby, lay the real thing on me. The church of man, love, is such a holy place to be. Make me, baby. Make me know you really care. Make me jump into the air."

YouTube is not letting me embed tonight.  Bummer.  Click the link to Enjoy some major, pantless hip gyrating.


Also, "I'll be a rock and roll bitch for you."  Awesome.


Do you have a favorite song? Comment below.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Summer...did you write this while watching The Ten Commandments?! There are a zillion Bowie songs better than Moonage Daydream. :-(

    Useless trivia: the Rolling Stones "Angie" was written for Bowie's first wife, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but I like THIS song and it's my blog. Also, I missed most of Moses. I saw the end though.

      Delete
  2. "Every night in my dreams I see you, I hear you. That is how I know you go on....Near, far, where EVER you are...once more you OPEN the door...YOU'RE HERE, THERE'S NOTHINGGGGGG I FEAR..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost did it, Amy. Don't think I didn't.

    ReplyDelete