Monday, May 7, 2012

31 Loves

My birthday was this weekend.  Why is it that 31 seems so much older than 30?

For serious...

Sadly, I didn't seem to gain any pearls of wisdom or greater understanding of the universe other than the fact that Madeline will view The Little Mermaid the same way that I view Lady and the Tramp.  Whoa.

I also poured salt in my coffee instead of sugar three times last week, and wrote 2008 as the current date on the board in my classroom several times.  Apparently 31 is the age where my brain turns into a bowl full of mush.

Anyhow, last year I shared 30 random facts about me to celebrate my entrance into a new decade of life.  Rather than subject  you to the fact that I can touch my tongue to my nose, have no idea what bra size I wear anymore, or secretly enjoy watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, I thought I'd share 31 of my random favorites.

Thirty-One Loves:

  1. Extra sharp colored pencils
  2. Blank, fresh paper 
  3. Audrey Hepburn
  4. Gin and tonics
  5. Cherry tomatoes straight off the vine
  6. Hot pink
  7. Prism rainbows
  8. The Little Prince
  9. Anne of Green Gables
  10. Orange, late-afternoon sunlight
  11. Steamers at the beach with lots of butter
  12. Walden Pond in the fall 
  13. Cozy, fuzzy socks
  14. Books you can't put down
  15. Scarlet O'Hara 
  16. Atticus Finch 
  17. Gravy fries
  18. Tea with milk and sugar 
  19. People watching (in a total non-creeper sense.)  
  20. Chinese food on Friday nights
  21. Getting magazines in the mail
  22. Elephants
  23. Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin lates
  24. Sitting on the porch
  25. Finding money in the dryer
  26. Decorating the Christmas tree
  27. Eclairs
  28. Deep, stress-relieving sighs 
  29. Anticipating next week's episode of a great TV show
  30. Rocky road ice-cream with real marshmallows
  31. Free afternoons




No comments:

Post a Comment