Sunday, January 6, 2013

Downton Returns

Facebook was blowing up today with the news that hockey is back.

Meanwhile, I was all, "Who cares?!  Downton Abbey is on tonight, m' lady bitchessss!

And you know what that means???

Via HaveYouMetMsJones

Even though the Brits have already seen Season 3, I have managed to avoid spoilers...except for one, which was totally not my fault.  It snuck up on me in the first sentence of what I thought was a review.  Bastards.  This is a big deal coming from the girl who read the last page of the The Deathly Hallows first and who looked up everything that happened in the Game of Thrones series half way through book two.  

To celebrate, I made myself a pot of tea and some popovers so that I could nosh away while watching the drama unfold.  I think I'll make this a weekly tradition...maybe mix up the teas and snacks a bit.  Cucumber sandwiches perhaps.  

Predictions for this season:  (Don't read if you don't like guessing at this sort of thing..)  

Lady Mary and her boy-toy/cousin will snog, then fight, then snog some more, then fight some more...ultimately, snogging wins out.  Lady Cora will resent her husband for losing all her money.  Bronson will get involved in some nasty Irish rebellions...perhaps die?  Meanwhile, downstairs, the Butler did it.  Remember that weird, drunk Mr. Moseley guy who was jealous of Mr. Bates?  I have a hunch he had something to do with offing Mrs. Bates.  Just staying.  Throughout it all, Edith will feel left out.  


P.S. Not nearly enough snogging! Seriously, Maggie Smith and the chauffeur have more sexual chemistry than those two! Did you hear The Dowager telling Branson to take his coat off???



No comments:

Post a Comment