Monday, June 7, 2010

These Booties Were Made for Walkin'



It just needs to be said that baby shoes are perhaps the cutest thing ever. We went to the SoWa Open Market in Boston on Sunday and snagged the little owl booties pictured above. They were made by Kaya's Kloset, a company from Brookline, MA. There were so many adorable patterns that I had a hard time deciding which pair to get. Eric had to fix the problem for me by settling on the owls.

I've been in baby overdrive the past week. (Is it too early to consider this nesting?) I couldn't even sleep in on Satruday because when I woke up at 6 am I was too excited to stay in bed. I've been spending all my free time on the Ipad looking at baby blogs, and baby nurseries, and baby clothes...and baby shoes. Here are some adorable examples.



Clockwise From Top:
1.Olivia Mary Janes by Curly Birdie.
2. Classic Stripe Rain Boots by Polarn O. Pyret
3. Cotton Linnen Baby Booties by Garden Alley.
4. Sunny Fields Baby Shoes Goody Two Shoes Shop

In reality, I actually fail to see a reason for baby shoes. I mean, does a baby who can't even find her feet really need a pair of shoes for them? No, probably not. And won't she just kick them off anyhow? Yes, probably so. But, they are just so gosh darn cute!

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! The owls are too cute. And I love the yellow ones you linked to.

    There's really not much point in baby shoes - except to make an outfit, which is reason enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting baby girl early on the shoe thing! In the blink of an eye she'll be asking for Jimmy Choos or whatever is hot in 2025! Is it nature or nurture??
    Mom

    ReplyDelete