Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 24

School's out for Summer!!

I just finished my last day of the school year. I'm free for the next ten weeks! Eric will be done by the end of the week as well. I love my job.

This week is also a significant milestone for us. Ellis was born on the first day of week 24, so it's stood in our minds as a kind of checkpoint. I remember looking forward to this week when we first found out I was pregnant and I was home on bed rest. I knew it would be at the very end of the school year, and at the time, it seemed so far away. It feels really good to have come this far with a healthy baby girl. I can already feel some of the trepidation melting away, and am looking forward to experiencing the last part of my pregnancy. I've never been twenty-five weeks pregnant, I've never been seven or nine months pregnant. From here on out, everything will be new, and I'm looking forward to it.

We had a checkup with the doctor yesterday. They measured me up and down and listened to baby's heartbeat. The doctor said everything looks good. I won't be seeing them again for another month.

I plan on spending the next couple of weeks getting the baby's room ready, visiting NY and VT, and napping in the air conditioning! Life is good!



Us in Nova Scotia last summer.

1 comment:

  1. AMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYJune 16, 2010 at 5:59 PM

    A. I'm jealous you are done with school.

    B. Here is an article to aid in the decision making. http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/whats-in-a-name-tiffani-thiessens-daughter-harper-renn-2010156

    C. I'm glad you and baby have safely made it past the 24 week hurdle. Just think in 9 days you'll be counting down from 100!

    ReplyDelete