Sunday, September 26, 2010

So Long, Belly Bump

It's bizarre to think that if Madeline had come on her due date, I would still just be a fat pregnant lady eagerly counting down the days until October 3.  

And the last nine months?  Well, they kind of feel like they never happened.  My entire pregnancy feels like some long forgotten dream already.  Was it really only two weeks ago that I was peeing into a large orange jug?! Impossible!  It feels like it was years.  

Everything has changed with the flip of a light switch.  Now, I find myself a real mother taking care of a little miniature human who is far more demanding than anyone her size logically should be. 

And while I'm very happy to have my little Madeline, I actually (believe it or not) kinda miss being pregnant.  I won't miss the sausage legs, or the mood swings, or waddling up the hill to my car.  I will miss my big round belly, and feeling her kick, and having the afternoon to daydream by myself.  

Luckily, I took lots of pictures and obsessively wrote on this blog over the past few months, so I will have lots of memories of growing Madeline.  

No comments:

Post a Comment