Saturday, March 26, 2011

Diary of a Mad Sick Woman

 I haven't blogged much this week, so in case you're dying to know what we've been up to, my week looked something like this:

(Warning: it's pretty exciting stuff.  Read at your own risk.)
  • Monday:  Annoyed by my cough, but still functional. I go to bed at 6 pm.     
  • Tuesday: Uncontrollable crying on kitchen floor....just because.  Eric laughs at me, hugs me, then laughs at me some more.  He manages to make out the words, "I'm gonna get the baby siiiiiiiiicccck," between sobs. 
  • Wednesday: Attempt to go to work.  Leave work early.  Spend the night begging for mercy.  Do not emerge from my bed again for over twenty-four hours.  
  • Thursday: See Wednesday.   
  • Friday:  Finally accept the need for medical intervention.  Turns out I am not dying from the plague, nor do I have pneumonia.  Hizz-ahh!  Doctor gives me antibiotics anyhow.  Hizz-ahh!    
  • Saturday: Recovery in process.  The couch is my friend.  At least I'm not in bed.  

Madeline has a runny nose today, but otherwise seems okay.  We're still hopping she dodges this one.  Eric still feels fine as well.  He very rarely gets sick.  He insists it's due to his daily glass of orange juice and bowl of Cheerios, which he eats without milk because he's a weirdo.

P.S.  I love Eric.  He has been taking care of me and baby all week.  He's a fantastic dad, and a fantastic partner.  I don't know what I'd do without him.

3 comments:

  1. Hope everyone is feeling strong and healthy today...

    I have to comment on your extraordinary child that you fret about because she is not yet turning over. Look at her intently watching the computer screen, wielding that mouse, just like Daddy. I think she is going to skip the rolling over stage and go right to software engineer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 you! Hope you feel better fast!!!

    PS: 73! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! Yea, mom, she's pretty amazing. She's gonna take over the blog soon.

    ReplyDelete