Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sicky McGee

Remember last week how I wrote about my baby dumping me by moving to her own crib?

Well, she came crawling back.  They always come crawling back.  (Although, to be honest, Madeline isn't even close to crawling yet, so technically, she was carried back by Dada.)

Madeline has been sick since Tuesday when she was sent home form daycare with a fever.  The doctors tested her for RSV at her appointment yesterday, and it came back positive.  She's all stuffy and coughing up a lung.  This has made sleeping through the night very difficult for the little baby since she can't breathe so hot.

On Thursday night, we decided to move her back into the co sleeper in our room rather than wake up every five minutes to check on her like I had the night before.  We even placed the co sleeper right next to my bed again....just like old times.

Madeline was so happy to be with us while she wasn't feeling good.  She spent a long time staring at my face and trying to reach for me.  Finally, she fell asleep while grasping tightly onto my index finger with both hands.  My heart melted all over our down comforter right then and there.  It's nice to be needed.

Meanwhile, Madeline has been getting a lot of quality time with her daddy this week.  Eric had to take two and a half days off from work to watch the peanut since I have no sick time left.  (Grammy was nice enough to spend the day with Madeline on Thursday so that Eric didn't have to take three and a half days.  Thanks Mom!)

It's good for Madeline to spend time with Daddy because she always learns new tricks.  I came home from work on Wednesday shocked to find the baby staring at me from the middle of our bed where she was sitting all. by. herself!   Eric doesn't get as nervous as I do watching Madeline timbeeeerrrr onto her side, so he just kept propping her back up until she learned to stay there.  Our gal still can't roll over worth a damn, but at least she can sit up now.

Eric teaches Maddie to sit up...
And to play Farmville!
 I'm really glad that it's finally Saturday so I can spend the day with my little baby while she is feeling yucky.  We're just going to keep her cozy and hope she's better by Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment