Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mothe Nature,

I realize that it's summer, and you are just doing your job, but could you please make it a little cooler out for the March for Babies on Saturday? I know it's not your fault that they scheduled this event in July instead of April, but you must admit that 97 degrees is a bit much.

You see, when it's excessively hot, I become extremely cranky and short-tempered. It's not pleasant for anybody, and I'd prefer my daughter not see me like that. I don't want her picking up my bad habits.

If the temperature does not come down, our March for Babies may turn into a Head to the Bar and Drink for Babies. Somehow that just doesn't seem right.

I hope you seriously consider this matter. I've always been a big fan of yours. I love what you do with the fall.


Best Regards,
Summer

1 comment:

  1. Last night Jon Stewart said that Mother Nature is showing just how ticked off she is with all those aerosol cans & Chevy Suburbans!

    Deeply sorry that I passed on the "wilts over 80*" gene. Must have some Inuit in the gene pool!

    ReplyDelete