Monday, July 11, 2011

Two Very Special Men

Today I'd like to take a moment to reflect on two very special men in my life.  These two wonderful men have been there for me since I first met them in the early 1990s.

They've helped me ring in the new year.  They comforted me when I watched the final episode of Sex in the City.  They've been privy to deep conversation with friends.  They've been for breakfast when there was nothing else in the cabinets.  In short, they've influenced who I am today....mostly in the way of my waistline.  

These two special men are Ben and Jerry, and damn, do they make great ice cream.

This weekend was special because Madeline was introduced to Ben and Jerry for the first time when we visited the Ben and Jerry's Factory in Waterbury, Vermont.

First, we entered the magical land of peace, love and ice cream

Then we waited in line for...

...this deliciousness! 
Then Madeline had her first ever taste of ice cream!
(Scratch that one off my summer bucket list!)
But she wasn't quite sure if she liked it?!

So we gave her a teensy bit more.  
"Good God, Dada, what are you feeding me?"
Wait, on third thought, that was pretty good.  Where'd the spoon go?
After we ate, we visited the Flavor Graveyard 
Where we paid our respects to poor Bovinity Divinity. 
And Madeline's sugar high kicked in.
Does she make a better Ben?

Or a better Jerry?
Madeline, I hope you have as much fun with Ben and Jerry as I've had.  

P.S. More Vermont photo explosions coming soon to a blog near you!
   

2 comments:

  1. I love Maddie's face in the "waiting in line" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOve those overalls so cute! I'm your newest follower Kristy ;)

    ReplyDelete