Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What Happened to Summer?

Seriously.  It's back-to-school time already.  What happened to all my epic summer vacation plans????

Oh, I know.

They went here:
And here:


Not that I'm complaining because I adore my little girl, and I adore our little house.

But in June, I made this list.  And here's what actually happened.

1.) One picnic a week
2.) Go berry picking
3.) Make at least three different flavors of ice cream. (Close though.  I made two.)  
4.) Make a pie
5.) Take Madeline swimming for the first time.  Hooray!  Took her swimming twice!  
6.) Build a sandcastle
7.) Read a non-work related book  (They all tied into work somehow.)  
8.) See a concert
9.) Buy a house:  Hooray!  Major success!  
10.) De clutter our current house:  Hooray!  

11.) Frequent a farmers' market
12.) Eat Lobster
13.) Eat steamers
14.) Take Madeline on the train (We did take her on the T a few times though.)  
15.) Ride the swan boats
16.) Bring Madeline to Central Park
17.) Go to Vermont!  Hooray!  
18.) Go to Montaulk
19.) See Harry Potter! Hooray!  
20.) Go outlet shopping:  Hooray!  

21.) Girl trip
22.) Mini road trip
23.) Cut my hair
24.) Go kayaking:  Hooray!  
25.) Plan Madeline's first birthday:  (Sorta.  I'm still working on it.) 
26.) Ride the trolley
27.) Finish at least one of the arts and crafts projects that I've started:  Hooray!  
28.) Lose five pounds:  Does it count if I lost more than this, gained it back, and then went down again?  
29.) Give Madeline her first taste of ice cream:  Hooray!  

30.) Get a pedicure (Damn my feet are gross!) 
31.) Bring Madeline to a parade:  Hooray!  
32.) Bring Madeline to see fireworks




11/32.  Meh.  I'll take it.  I did get to go on a cruise.  AND, I got my house!  

No comments:

Post a Comment