Saturday, March 3, 2012

Songs to Set Your Soul To: Week One

I've always been able to tell if I'm going to make a significant connection to a person the first time we meet.  This has been true in both romance and friendships.  If we don't hit it off the moment we meet, we're more than likely never going to hit it off.  I've had both friends and boyfriends where this wasn't the case, of course, but none of which can be counted as being amongst the most significant relationships of my life.  There needs to be that electricity in the air.

It's the same thing with music.  There's been very few bands or musicians that have slowly grown on me.  And there are very few bands that I could say I truly love.  But, there have been songs from all genres and time periods that seem to reach down into my soul and speak to me the very first time I hear them.  Some of the songs are silly, some are sad, some are good and some are pretty cheesy.  Yet, for whatever reason, these are the songs that I find myself coming back to time and time again.  These are the songs that instantly put me in a better mood when I hear them and I blast on my car radio when there's no one else there to complain.  

The plan is to share one every Saturday for your listening pleasure.  At the very least you can have the smug satisfaction of having better taste in music than me.  If you want to play along, please comment below.

I'm starting with tonight's selection because it was just on the radio on my way home, and it got me thinking about this subject in the first place.  David Bowie is playing along on the video I chose because who doesn't need a little more Bowie in their lives, am I right?



Do you have a song that gets your heart thumpin' and your toes tappin? Want to play along? Link up below.

No comments:

Post a Comment