Monday, June 25, 2012

Vermont Flashbacks

What does it mean when you get dizzy every time you bend over or look down at your feet?

I blame the gargantuan spider that found its way onto my lap yesterday afternoon causing me to jump-jump out of my chair faster than Kris Kross's career lasted.  Then, just when I started to relax again, the spider reappeared on my lap...but even bigger than the first time.  As I leaped around awkwardly trying to whack it, it sorta magically floated up into the air and out of my sight.

I think the shock of that incident, in combination with its lethal spidy-bite, and the knowledge that it may be making spider babies in my hair somewhere, is probably what is causing me to get dizzy when I look down.  Or, it could be the horror of seeing my toesies...which are in desperate need of a pedicure.

OR, it could be due to the fact that time seems to whiz past at record speeds, and trying to process life is giving me vertigo.  (This post, in actuality, has nothing to do with spiders or being dizzy.  It does, however, have LOTS of photos.  Browse at will.)

Two summers ago when we went and visited my parents' cabin up on Lake Champlain, I looked like this:

Last year, Madeline was out of the oven, but she looked like this:


She couldn't even crawl yet!

And this year?

 Well, this year she is grown enough to throw temper tantrums in public, consistently try to run away from us...in public, demand to go swimming, eat an ice cream cone by herself, "help" Mimi cook and plant flowers, and watch nearly an entire hour's worth of Mama Mia before getting bored.  Bananas.
Am I right?

Last Year:

This Year:



Last Year:
This Year:

Last Year:

This Year:

Last Year:  
This Year:

Last Year:

This Year:


1 comment:

  1. I know that's a small adirondack chair but she looks like she is 3 or 4! She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete