Sunday, February 3, 2013

Downton Dish Week 5

There will be no fancy British snack tonight because I have a nasty stomach virus.

I think it's bad karma for talking ish about Lavinia's general lameness and role in Matthew's impotence problems via Facebook last week. Yes, I have no life.

Instead I offer you Upside Downton Abbey:


Anyhow, last week's episode was certainly not boring. I found it really hard to watch. The death scene was horrible! And so, so sad.

I'd had such high expectations for that character. I expected her to shake things up a bit more, but other than marrying the chauffeur...her storyline didn't really go anywhere.  Meanwhile, spinsterly  Edith is taking on the cause for women. Kinda an interesting twist.

In the meantime, poor Lord Robert has to sleep on the sofa. It's about time. Not only did he not listen to the doctor, but he also lost all of his wife's money, and snogged the maid while Cora was sick. What an ass hat!

And, yes, I'm ignoring the Superbowl. I don't follow football much, and since the Patriots aren't playing, my interest is zero. I'm usually down for the snacks, but since I'm drinking all my meals this weekend, I'm generally grumpy.


No comments:

Post a Comment