Monday, February 11, 2013

I Guess Our Snow Dance Worked...

Eric and Madeline must have some killer snow-dance moves, because our walkway went from looking like this:

To this:

...in just 24 hours.

We got over two feet between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.  The Governor of our fine commonwealth even instituted a driving ban for all non-essential vehicles.  Anyone caught driving could serve up to a year in prison.  I've never seen that happen.  (What an embarrassing story to share with your fellow inmates..."Hey, buddy?  What you in for?"  "Umm...er...I drove during the blizzard of 2013...sir.")



It's been a long, tough weekend for some people in the state, especially those along the water.  Luckily, for us, the snow just meant an extra-long weekend of cuddling and movie-watching from the safety of our living room.   I was worried we'd lose power...but we were fortunate enough to be spared even that.

As soon as the storm had passed, Madeline wasted no time getting to business playing in the snow.  

I'm currently on day four of my long-weekend.  We'll be back to our regular routine by tomorrow.  As for the snow bank in our front yard?  I think that may be sticking around till July.






No comments:

Post a Comment