Monday, March 31, 2014

The Sound of Silence

Over the weekend, Madeline went on an outing with her grandparents and cousin.  Then Eric-the-wonder-husband took Vivi out to get me cheesecake with him.  This gave me over an hour of alone time.

Since I share my bedroom with two humans, get heckled in the shower by my three-year-old, and am joined at the breast with my loaf of bread (aka Vivi) for a greater part of the day, I haven't been alone in a long time.

To say it was nice would be a gross understatement.  

I used the time to drink a hot cup of tea and catch up on watching Game of Thrones.  Except for the sounds of flying axes and shrieking dragons, it was peculiarly quiet around here.

Even after Eric and Vivi got home, (and I had gorged myself on cheesecake) it was peculiarly quiet.  I never quite realized how much noise our Maddie Bear makes before...

And every time I am left alone, I find myself asking the same question: What on God's green earth did I do with myself before I had kids or constant access to the Internet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment