Tuesday, November 26, 2013

One Month...Theoretically Speaking

My due date is one month from today.

Of course, I laugh in the face of due dates and fully expect this baby to say howdy-do anytime between tomorrow and the year 2014.

I had my first non stress test this afternoon. Just like last time, I'm having steady contractions already. The nurse came back in the room half-way through with her eyebrows raised. "Summer, are you feeling any of these contractions?" she asked. Nope. I have some light menstrual-like cramping, but that's about the extent of it.

On my way home, I listened to Christmas music. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to indulge, but since the season to celebrate the Baby Jesus might be interrupted by our own holy child, I figured it's okay to cheat. The Little Drummer Boy came on twice. Bonus. Now I just need to convince Eric to let me get a tree this weekend...

I also need to finish setting up baby furniture, getting the house clean, and I have about 200 papers to grade. It's going to be a busy long weekend. Good thing there will be turkey and pie to get us through it.





No comments:

Post a Comment