Friday, November 15, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 34 Weeks


How far along? 34

Total weight gain/loss: Don't know; don't care.

Maternity Clothes:  Ugh, yes.  I just want to wear normal, cute fall clothing instead of feeling like a sack of potatoes most days.  

Sleep: 
Flipping over is obviously a challenge, but I'm surprisingly well.  

Best Moments this Week: My employers posted an ad for my replacement while I'm on leave.  Things are getting real!  Also, Eric picked up Madeline from school a few times this week giving me a chance to nap.  It's nice to simply lie on the bed and focus all my attention on baby beans every now and again.  

Movement: I did some kick counts earlier in the week because I was worried.  It turns out she's still wiggling quite a bit in there, but unless I really stop and pay attention, I'm not feeling those kicks as much.  Everything feels different.  On the other hand, I was able to grab her foot the other night.  At least, I think it was a foot.  I suppose it could have been a knee or elbow too.  

Food Cravings:  Not really...what's wrong with me?! 

Food Aversions: No.  

Gender: 
Baby Sister

Labor Signs: I've been cramping up quite a bit each afternoon, and my belly is still getting tight.  Several people told me that I've "dropped" this week. 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Oh my God, I'm so FULL OF BABY!  I told Eric this week that I will be shocked...shocked...if we make it to my actual due date.  Everything just feels different...not sure how else to explain it.  (Watch, now I won't have this child until the middle of January because I opened my big mouth.)  

Belly Button In or Out? Out
What I Miss:   Everyday tasks like tying shoes or putting socks on Madeline are becoming so much more complicated.  I miss when I could sit on the floor with her without having to roll around like a turtle on its back to get back up.  

What I am Looking Forward to: Getting all our lose ends tied up so I can just sit back and enjoy the holiday season with my pj's on.

Upcoming Appointments/ Events: Doctor the middle of next week.  

Current Food Comparison? A cantaloupe!  She feels like a nice, firm cantaloupe in there.  


Meanwhile, I'm the size of...

For a comparison of what I looked like last time I was with child, click HERE.  Yes, I would say my belly looks a lot lower this time around...

No comments:

Post a Comment