Monday, July 19, 2010

New Baby Pics!



We had an ultrasound today to check on baby's growth and fluid levels. We got one good profile shot, and it's still a girl!

Baby does not appreciate being poked or having her picture taken as she spent the entire ultrasound squirming around like crazy. She made it difficult for the ultrasound technician to get the measurements needed. Baby is definitely a stubborn baby. I guess nobody really likes being poked and prodded when they're trying to sleep though...

Baby's also doing cartwheels in there because her head is also no longer down. In fact, it was right up under my ribs on my right side. Her feet were a little bit lower than my ribs on my left side, so she's almost lying horizontally across my stomach today.

This ultrasound was not as exciting to watch as others have been. For one thing, the ultrasound technician was standing pretty much right in front of the screen the whole time making it difficult for me to see. (Excuse me M'am, I know you're trying to do your job, but would you mind taking two steps to the left? A little bit more? Right there! Perfect!) Secondly, baby is now so big that you can't really tell what it is you're looking at. I remember when she was just a tiny little peanut floating in space, and you could see everything very clearly. Now, she's all smooched in and you can't really tell if you're looking at an arm or a leg or her bladder.

The most exciting thing was the the ultrasound tech. said she could see baby practicing her breathing. Baby's getting ready for her big debut. She's only got three more months to practice!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! PROFILE!! The breathing comment is apt cause it almost looks as if little bubbles are drifting up from babies mouth. If only she could speak, "where are my googles, where's my snorkel?! She's a beauty!

    Mom & Bob

    ReplyDelete