Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eight Weeks

The Maddie Bear is eight weeks old today!  Eight weeks?  Eight weeks!  Eight Weeks?!?!

I know I'm risking the wrath of the Internet Gods by saying this, but so far this week, Madeline has been a dream baby.

Last week was rough.  She cried every night.  She didn't want to go to bed, and she was generally unhappy most of the day.

She hasn't had a crying fit since Friday morning.  (Fingers crossed.)  The past few nights she's slept for about twelve hours without much fussing.  Last night she wanted to be held for a long time, but that's just fine with me as long as she's not crying while I'm holding her.  During the night she wakes up two or three times to eat before going right back to sleep.  

Yesterday she was pleasant most of the day, and I was able to get some chores done around the house.  Not only did I shower and dress!  Whoa, big step!  I also did some laundry and finally switched my summer clothes out of my closet for all my winter clothes.

As I write this, she's asleep in her crib.  We've been putting her down for naps in her crib every day to start to get her used to her room.  She can't sleep in her little co sleeper forever after all.

I'm desperately hoping my dream baby is here to stay.  When she's not having one of her crying fits, she's got a very nice personality.  She's quiet and so sweet.  She's still quite serious and appears to be contemplating the meaning of life a lot of the time.

I'm also half way through my leave of absence from work.  Eight weeks left.  It's going to go by so fast.  When I think back to how much she's changed over the past week, it's incredible.  It will be amazing to see how much she changes in the next eight weeks.  She'll be a whole different baby when I go back to work.

I had a hard time choosing a bunny outfit this morning.  She has so many cute things, but I know by the time I do the twelve week photo, she won't fit into a lot of them anymore.  She's already wearing her three month clothing.  She's such a chunky chubba.  I heart her!

1 comment:

  1. Maddie looks so cute in the photo. I so happy Maddie is having a good week. I hope it stays that way forever!!!!
    Love Nana

    ReplyDelete