Monday, November 1, 2010

Madeline's First...

Halloween!  
It was so much fun celebrating our first holiday with the little nugget.  (Columbus Day doesn't count.) I know she had no idea what was going on, but it sure was fun for her Momma.  I can't wait for Christmas.  It's going to be epic.  


Since Lady Gaga seemed to be the hit costume of this holiday season, I contemplated dressing Maddie up as Baby Gaga, but judging by this photo...


That would have just been cruel.  
(I also thought about dressing her as The Spawn of Snookie, but the hair wouldn't fit in the frame of the photo.)   


Instead of going for trendy, we went for cute.  Cute always wins out over trendy when babies are involved.  


During the day, Madeline was a little pumpkin.  


By night, she was a cat.  She was so cute in her cat costume that I wanted to gobble her up . 


Dizzy was worried we had replaced him with another cat.


Obviously she's too young for most Halloween festivities, but we decided to surprise Grammy and Bob by "trick-o-treating" at their house.  We loaded Madeline up in the car and she had her first real Halloween experience.  




 Bonus?  Eric and I didn't get any trick-o-treaters at our place this year.  (Probably because the neighbors are still scared of me after what I did to the little boy across the hall two years ago.)  That means lots and lots of candy for us to eat!  Sorry Maddie, you can't have any yet.   

2 comments:

  1. She kind of looks like a pumpkin thug. But I would be lying if I said I didn't want a grown up sized version of that cat suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie sure looks great in all her costumes. So glad the whole family was able to Trick or Treat.
    Love Nana and Poppy

    ReplyDelete