Monday, November 12, 2012

So Long, Autumn

I know we still have a full month of my favorite season left, but it just doesn't feel like fall anymore.  Between the hurricane, the snowstorm, and the current 70 degree weather over the past two weeks, it seems like we're living in some bizarre-o version of New England.  (Somewhere, Al Gore is crying a million tears.)

And let's not even get started on the fact that since at least the beginning of October, it's been Christmas, Christmas, Christmas everywhere I turn.  In some stores, it stared in August...
I am one of those Scrooge's who refuses to acknowledge the holiday until after Thanksgiving.  Let me enjoy some gravy and pumpkin pie at my own leisurely pace.  In fact, I might have thirds seconds.  Then, and only then, will I turn my attention to the Baby Jesus thank-you-very-much!

Meanwhile, to give Autumn a fair send-off, I'm photo dumping some pictures of Madeline playing in the leaves a few weeks ago.  This year was really the first year where she could notice and enjoy the seasons changing.  She loved playing in the leaves...at least for the week we had them before they turned mushy and gross from the hurricane and snow.














No comments:

Post a Comment