Friday, May 16, 2014

Little People Probs

We have a little problem.  A Little People problem to be specific.  Fisher Price's Little People to be even more specific.  We do not have actual little people wandering the halls of our house like Munchkin Land.  Scratch that.  First, it's probably offensive.  Secondly, Madeline and Vivi are little and are people. Anyhow.  I think you get what I'm saying.  Here's a visual just to be sure:

Yup, that them there's a LOT of Little People.  

Eric and I both had the original esophagus-sized Little People when we were kids, but were lucky enough to survive to adulthood without choking on them anyhow. Somewhere along the line, our nostalgia may have gotten out of control.  Then they started releasing little Cinderella Little People and little Batman Little People, and we just could not resist the cute!  

We really only had a second child because Madeline is starting to outgrow them.  I kid.  Mostly.  

I left about ten of the little guys behind at a restaurant a few weeks ago. (There was a poop disaster and a fire alarm incident happening simultaneously...my mind was occupied elsewhere.)  When I realized my mistake, Eric and I almost cried.  (Madeline didn't notice that they were gone.) No more Mimi and Bob Little People?!  Poor Flynn Ryder, Dopey, and Superman!  

Thankfully, the restaurant had them stored away in its safe.  I may have cried tears of joy. Crisis averted!  

Our loss would have been extra tragic because Fisher Price just changed the design again.  The newest Little People are taller and skinnier.  

I don't get it. Are they on a juice cleanse? Have they been eating Kale nuggets? Is this part of the effort to fight childhood obesity?  Perhaps they should talk to Barbie about their body issues cause we liked them short and chubby!  

And so, the scouring and hoarding of leftover chubby Little People has begun.  We look for them everywhere, and if they have some cool ones we don't already have, we scoop 'em up. 

We have a few neatly tucked away in the closet waiting for the next holiday/birthday.  Vivi is going to be getting chubby Little People for her sweet sixteen.

Great, Mom and Dad...a Little People dump truck driver...Yeah, I was kinda hoping for a car, but this is cool too...I guess.  

Yes, I know we sound like crazy people.  Yes, this is clearly a First World Problem. But until you feel the stininging regret I feel over letting the chubby pirate ship set slip through our fingers, you can't possibly understand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment