Monday, August 12, 2013

Conversations with Maddie Bear: Rotten Child Edition

Madeline: (Pointing at the rather busty chest of a princess in her bedtime story) Why do girls have those?
Me: Umm...to help them feed their babies.  
Madeline: Oh.
(We continue reading.)
Madeline: (Interrupting a few minutes later) But I don't have them!
Me: You will when you grow up.
Madeline: Yeah.

Madeline: Mumma? Is that your chest?
Me: Yes...
Madeline: Wow, they're really big!
(First and last time I will ever hear those words directed at my chest area.)

Madeline. You 're a fuck-fuck Mumma!
Me: Um, what did you just say?!
Madeline: You're a fuck-fuck.
Me: Hey, don't say that.
Madeline: (giggling) Fuck-fuck.
Me: Madeline, if you say that again, you're going to time out.
Madeline: (silence)

Madeline: I want some cheese.
Me: Cheese for breakfast?
Madeline: I want some.
Me: No. No cheese for breakfast.
Madeline: I just want some. I love cheese! I want some cheeeeese. I want cheeeese. Cheeeeeeeese. Gimme cheeeeese!

Me: Maddie come here, I want to put pants on you.
Madeline: No, I don't want to wear pants!! (Runs from room hysterically crying.)

Maddie: (Holding out a flower) I picked this for my sister baby.

That last one totally makes amends for calling me a fuck-fuck.




1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! My daughter is almost 16 months old and I can't wait until she spews verbal nonsense all over the place for me to laugh at, get frustrated over, and document for all of our days. I just want to know what's going on in that little head of hers. Your "pants" dialogue was my favorite. www.momistabeginnings.com

    ReplyDelete