Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: Week 20



We're halfway there, baby girl!  


How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  I gained two pounds since my appointment last month, which brings me to a total of about seven pounds all together.  Not too shabby.  

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but my clothing choices are limited.  I've lived in jeans and t-shirts this week.    

Sleep: I jinxed myself when I talked about insomnia last week because I had a few rough nights.  Not too bad though.  Hooray for Candy Crush at 3 am!  

Best Moments this Week:  Madeline likes to talk about what she will and won't share with the baby.  Olaf is off limits.  "He just loves me, right?" she asks.  But she says she will share her Little People and play "ball in the hallway," with her.  

I also got to hear baby's heartbeat at the doctor's, which is always a pleasure.  She's a wiggly baby.  They've had trouble finding her every time I've had an appointment so far because as soon as they get a reading, she moves again.  


Movement:  Movements are becoming stronger, but still are pretty few and far between.  I love feeling her thumping around in there, but I also tend to get more stressed when I get to this point of the pregnancy.  I worry about whether I'm feeling her enough.      

Food Cravings:  I've wanted sweet things more this week.  My mom sent me the recipe for the coconut pineapple cake I was craving, so I see that being devoured in the near future.  On the other hand, an order of crab rangoon sounds crab ranGOOD right now.  Nom. Nom. Nom.   

Food Aversions:  I've been sensitive toward bubbly drinks and acid-y foods.  Doesn't prevent me from eating them though...c'est la vie.  

Gender:  It's a girl!!!

Labor Signs:  No!  

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Still tired, still sore.  Really sore.  It feels like I went running, but I totally did not.  Snort.    

Belly Button In or Out? Still in, but it's rapidly flattening out.  

What I Miss:  Wine.  Forever and always.  

What I am Looking Forward to:  Fall weather...not necessarily the fall schedule though.  

Upcoming Appointments/ Events:  I had my monthly checkup earlier in the week.  Everything looked as it should.  I was in and out within ten minutes.  My next appointment isn't until September.  

Current Food Comparison?  Baby is currently the size of a banana.  B-A-N-A-N-A-s.  

And I'm the size of: 

If you want a comparison, here's what I was up to at twenty weeks pregnant with Madeline.  My belly was so much rounder last time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment