Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 23 Weeks

How far along? 23 weeks 

Total weight gain/loss:  I think about twelve pounds... 

Maternity Clothes: It's still a mix.  I wore a maternity dress today, but my regular clothing yesterday.  Things are rapidly expanding though.  A pair of pants I tried on last week didn't fit yesterday. 

Sleep: Okay.  My legs hurt at night.  My sore belly makes rolling over hurt.  Also, I woke up several times throughout the night to make sure my alarm was set.  Back to work anxiety...

Best Moments this Week  Sharing the news with people at work.  Someone let me cut in line for pizza, so that was a definite bonus.  A former student rubbed my belly today as she walked by in the hall...awkward.  But, Eric can feel her now, and that's less awkward.    

Movement:  Oh my gosh Sir Kicks-a-lot!  I can't believe how powerful her movements have become.  I could see her foot (or maybe an arm) bulging out of me the other night.  That did not happen when I was pregnant with Madeline until I was at least 30 weeks.  She better not be twerking...    

Food Cravings:  Cake!  With frosting!   

Food Aversions:  No.  I laugh in the face of food aversions.  

Gender:  Female.  

Labor Signs:  Nope.  

Pregnancy Symptoms:  A giant belly.  Lots of peeing.  I'm really sore again in my lower abdomen.  Lifting my legs to put on pants hurts?!  What is going on down there?  

Belly Button In or Out? Flat.   

What I Miss:  When I pick up Madeline from daycare, she's usually in the middle of nap.  I used to be able to just pick her up and strap her in the car without her noticing much, but now I can't do that.  Poor, sleepy peanut...

What I am Looking Forward to:  More kicks and a growing belly.  We think this will be our last pregnancy, so I'm trying to enjoy the experience as much as possible.  

Upcoming Appointments/ Events:  Doctor's appointment next week.  

Current Food Comparison?  Mango!  Those are my favorite smoothies!  

Meanwhile, I'm the size of...

For a comparison of what I looked like at 23 weeks with Madeline, click here.  Spoiler alert, the belly is bigger this time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment