Monday, August 5, 2013

The Name Game

Now that we know our baby is a pink baby, we're busily thinking of names.  Well, I'm busily thinking of names.  Eric mostly shrugs, grimaces, or gives a brisk, "no" to the hundreds of names I throw at him.

The last time we played this game, I probably went through 42,500 names without any sort of commitment from Eric.  We finally arrived at Madeline because it was the only name he liked.  And since we can't name this baby Madeline because we're not nearly famous enough, we're in for a tough task.  

 So what names do we (or at least I) like so far?

Vivienne
Celia
Julie (or Juliette or Julia or Jules)
Beatrice
Alice
Hadley
Norah
Silvia
Mila

I fully expect this list to shrink, or God forbid, expand over the coming weeks and months.  It certainly did last time.  In case you're curious, you can review our naming process with Madeline here, here, and here.

Along with Madeline Lee, our other two name finalists last time were Harper Louise and Ellarie Rose.  Interestingly enough, the names Harper and Ellarie aren't even in the running this time around.  They're both lovely names, but I'm just not into them anymore.  Kinda like that cool, artsy guy from high school who all the girls swooned over, but ten years later he just seems meh.  I simply outgrew the other names.

In the meantime, if all else fails, we could simply name the baby Erica.

3 comments:

  1. Let me ruin some names for you okay?

    I LOVE Celia...but I would totally sing Cecilia all the time.
    Hadley I like too...but as a nickname Haddie and Maddie?
    Mila...there are lots (like 2) of famous Mila's.
    And lastly...."Oh Silvia?" "Yes Mickey" "How you do call your lover boy?" "Oh Lover Boy..."
    Also Silvia Plath and the whole oven thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to be a Debbie Downer, Amy. :) You make a lot of good points though, so thank you. Didn't think of the whole Silvia Plath thing or Haddie Maddie. Cecilia is a great song though, so whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the song...and the name. I've met two Celia's in my life...both were independent and hippie-ish.

    ReplyDelete