Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: Week 19

Now that we know that our baby is a lady baby, I am busy transforming Madeline's room into a little girl paradise.  There's a lot of pink paint being tossed around these parts...lots of pink paint.

I've seen pregnancy questionnaires on other blogs a lot since having Madeline, and I even did a few toward the end of my pregnancy with her.  This time, I'd like to make it a regular thing.  The best part about blogging is keeping a record of our life together.  Those posts from our early days with Madeline are priceless to me because, honestly, my memory is one big blur.  Hopefully, I can keep it up for this little one too.

How far along? 19 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  I honestly haven't weighed myself in several weeks.  I'm too afraid to look.  I do know that at my checkup a month ago I had gained a total of five pounds...which is sort of a lot this early in the game.  I may have even lied to the nurse about the number on the scale...just a smidgen.

Maternity Clothes:  Not yet, but I wear lots of maxi dresses and other shapeless items since it's so hot out anyhow.  I broke out the Bella band for the first time this week.  My regular pants still button, but major muffin top y'all.

Sleep: I could sleep a good fifteen hours a day if allowed.  Hopefully this keeps up.  I had bouts of insomnia last time.

Best Moments this Week:  Finding out the baby's gender and sharing the news with family and friends.  I brought home two pink balloons for Madeline after my ultrasound.  She loved them, but wasn't too thrilled with the idea of another girl.  She still insists that she wants a boy baby, but I think she's warming to the idea of a little sister.

Going to Montauk to pick up Eric from his trip was nice too.  I'm so glad to have him home.  

Movement:  I've been feeling slight movements off and on for the past few weeks, but things are really starting to rock and roll in there now.  The movements still aren't consistent, but they are becoming stronger and occur more frequently.

Food Cravings:  I seem to order Chicken Parmesan a lot, and I randomly wanted a coconut pineapple cake my mom used to make when I was little.  When I was pregnant with Madeline, I had the strongest craving for a guacamole dip my mom hadn't made in over fifteen years.  Apparently, my food cravings tend toward the nostalgic.

Food Aversions:  Ha.  Good one.

Gender:  It's a girl!!!

Labor Signs:   None, thank goodness.  Bake baby, bake!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Good gracious are my nether regions sore!   My tailbone hurts.  My pelvis hurts.  I walk like a duck.  I think these pains are partially due to stretching and partially due to my last labor.  It took a good six months for my tailbone to recover after birthing Madeline.  I'm going to have to start using the Boppy pillow as a cushion.

Belly Button In or Out?  Less in than usual, but at least it still exists.

What I Miss:  Wine.  I craved wine about ten times this week.  Something about the cool evening breeze, grilling steak, and seeing the ocean make me want to drink heavily.

What I am Looking Forward to:  Painting the girls' room.

Upcoming Appointments/ Events:  I have my monthly checkup next week.  I start getting antsy when I go over a week without checking in on the little one, so I'm looking forward to it.

Current Food Comparison?  Baby is currently the size of an heirloom tomato...which is a pretty specific kind of tomato to be.

And I'm the size of:

I need to figure out a better way to do these selfies.  It looks like I only have one eye.  Focus on the belly, people!

If you'd like a comparison, here's what was going on at 19 weeks last time.

2 comments:

  1. I have a timer app for my phone. Mmmm let's eat chicken parm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a timer app too, but it's really difficult to position the phone to get a full body shot.

      Delete