Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 22 Weeks

How far along? 22 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  I haven't weighed in.  I prefer to live in a world of denial.  

Maternity Clothes: It's a mix between regular clothing and maternity at this point.  I'm wearing more maternity tops mostly for the added length, but my pants still button.  I bought some over-sized, flow-y cardigans for the fall too.   

Sleep: My pregnancy charlie horses have returned.  Good God, why?!  

Best Moments this Week: Story Land for sure!  Also, Madeline also likes to pet my belly now, and she keeps handing me her dolls and insisting they are the baby.  She urges me through the motions of feeding the baby, rocking the baby, and changing diapers.  She says in a high-pitched, soothing voice, "It's okay, baby.  It's alright..." while stroking its head.    

Movement:  In typical baby fashion, this child is a night owl.  I spend all day worrying about not feeling movement, and then after dinner she tries to burst from my womb.  

Food Cravings:  Nothing in particular.  I've been eating a lot of BLTs for lunch...with added avocado.  What is that called?  A BLAT?  

Food Aversions:  Never.  

Gender:  It's still a girl!  (One hopes.)  

Labor Signs:  No.  Do not open till Christmas.  

Pregnancy Symptoms:  My bladder has betrayed me.  I have some noticeable stretch marks in undesirable places.  Increased heartburn and flatulence.  Pregnancy is beautiful.  

Belly Button In or Out? Flat.   

What I Miss:  Alcohol.  Last night we went out for Eric's birthday dinner, and I wanted to drink all the martinis.  A celebration just isn't as celebratory when 100% sober.  

What I am Looking Forward to:  I ordered a new rug for the girls' room that should be arriving today!    

Upcoming Appointments/ Events:  Back to school on Monday! 

Current Food Comparison?  Spaghetti squash.  (I don't care what any of you all say, it does not take the place of pasta.)    

Meanwhile, I'm the size of:


No comments:

Post a Comment