Monday, April 25, 2011

Maddie's First...

...Easter!  

We were quite curious to see what Madeline's reaction to an adult-sized white bunny rabbit would be, but as usual, she was completely unfazed.  She grabbed his hand, pet his nose, and pulled his fur.  She was not shy or scared at all.  (It's clearly because she has the social skills of a ten-month old!)  

Maddie, Katie Belle, and my brother-in-law, Chef Martin
 On our way out for Easter brunch, I hid our Easter eggs along the sidewalk to the parking lot.  I stuck them in lamp posts, under benches, in holes in the walls, and underneath daffodil petals.  Eric pretended he didn't know me.  When we got home from breakfast, they were all gone.  Either someone found them or a possum ate them.  Hopefully no children ate them...although they were hard boiled, so I don't think they would do any serious harm...unless said children were allergic to eggs.  Hmmm....maybe not so great an idea? 

I spent the rest of the holiday watching enough of The Sound of Music, Downton Abbey and The Ten Commandments to drive Eric to heavy drinking during the Celtics games.

P.S.  The Ten Commandments (aka MOSES!) is probably one of my top ten favorite movies of all time.  I don't know why.  I think all the overacting and blue, blue eyes put me in some kind of trance.  Also, this movie and Christmas carols about the Baby Jesus account for the majority of my religious education.  Also, if I don't watch it, I worry that God may smite me with a large pillar of fire.

You may notice that my face looks extra doughy in this Easter photograph.  This is because I lived on a diet purely made up of pastries, french fries, and Peeps over vacation week.

The Easter bunny won this round, that's for sure.  He'll get his when I bite off his chocolate ears tonight during Dancing with the Stars...        

3 comments:

  1. Madeline easter dress is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! I LOVE that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that dress.Love it! It is so cute and girly!.

    ReplyDelete