Wednesday, April 27, 2011

March for Babies-Open Invitation

Hello My Beautiful Blog Stalkers,

Eric and I are participating in our local March for Babies this year, and we need your help!  

We march to remember our first-born daughter, Ellis, who was stillborn on September 23, 2008 after a seemingly routine 24-week pregnancy.

In the moments, days, weeks, and months after losing Ellis, one of my biggest struggles was my feeling of helplessness.  This was not something I could undo, fix, or change.  When I participated in the 2009 March for Babies it made me feel, in some small way, that I was doing something.

Last year, we didn't march because I was laid up doing this:

I'm so incredibly thankful for our beautiful, healthy daughter Madeline.  But, I don't want to forget Ellis, and I don't want to take for granted the fact that sadly not everyone goes home with a healthy baby.

Way too many babies are born too early in the United States.  The March of Dimes uses the money they raise to help prevent premature births and to fund new research.  For more information about The March of Dimes, visit their website at www.MarchforBabies.com  

March for Babies 2009

 So what's all this have to do with you???

We need walkers to join our family team.  Go Team Ellis Jane!  

As a walker, you would:  

  • Walk with us on July 23. (Yes, I know, I know it's July and it will be hot outside, but three miles is nothing.  Then, we'll celebrate with food and alcoholic beverages in an air conditioned location when we've finished.)    
  • Fundraise for the team by getting sponsors.  (You can pledge to raise as much or as little as you like.  If you want to raise ten dollars and then sponsor yourself....shhhhh....that's fine with me.  My attitude is that every little bit helps.)  
  • You can sign up to walk for Team Ellis Jane here   

Please consider joining our team.  It will be a good opportunity to get some friends and family together for a good cause.  The more the merrier.  If we get enough people together, there may even be a t-shirt in it for you.  And who doesn't love a free t-shirt?  Am I right??  Also, the Maddie Bear will be there!

If you cannot commit to walking, there are other ways you can help.  


  •  Please consider making a donation to our team.  Any amount is appreciated.  You can make a donation here  
And/ OR
  • Simply spread the word about our team, or about March for Babies in general.  Send emails, post links on Facebook, hang up posters, gossip about it via text message.  


Any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be posting updates on team information and fundraising goals periodically as we get closer to the date of the march.

Thank you for your support!  It means a lot to us.  

Much Love,

Summer, Eric, and Madeline.

Mumma, Dadda, and Ellis Jane

3 comments:

  1. Summer, do you mind if I post a link to here on my blog? I'd like to help raise some funds for a really awesome cause! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gentle hugs to you... I too lost my precious baby at only 18 weeks. I will light a candle for your little one. hugggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy- I would love that! Thanks for spreading the word!

    Tonya- I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete