Tuesday, June 14, 2011

39 Weeks


This has been a big week for Madeline.  She has learned to wave AND to clap.

She's very proud of her waving skills.  So proud, in fact, that she may never stop waving.

I'm happy she's learning to clap her own hands, because she has spent the last few weeks clapping me.  In other words, she hits my face, shoulder, leg, whatever she can get her hands on because she likes the clapping noise it makes.  Now that she can clap herself, I'm hoping her fascination with smacking me will cease a bit.

Another trick is clicking her tongue.  She does it all the time.  I'll hear it over the baby monitor in the mornings, and from the backseat of the car, or from her stroller when we're going for a walk.  

Madeline is eager to get moving.  She's trying so hard to figure out how to crawl.  Every now and again she'll figure out how to go backwards a step or so, but that's about it.  When she sits, you can see her trying to figure out how to get up on her hands and knees.

She's become such a little mischievous baby.  Her curiosity gets her into everything.  This morning she managed to grab her wipes, squirt bottle, a sock and a tube of diaper ointment while I was changing her.  Then, she grabbed all of her shoes while I fished around in her closet for a pair of socks.  Then, she grabbed the door to the armoire as we passed by.

I can't imagine what a handful she'll be when she actually can get around this place on her own.

P.S.  Just one more week of work for Eric and I, and then the three of us will be on vacation!  Hizz-ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment